Welcome to First Christian Church of Lubbock, Texas
Our Mission is to lead people into a realationship with God through the love of Jesus Christ.
Rev. Paul Carpenter Begins
As New Senior Minister on
Sunday, August 3, 2014.
We are excited
about the fresh ideas and
enthusiasm that Rev.
Carpenter will bring to FCC.
In his introductory video,
Paul related the Biblical
images he believes are God's
expectations for his people,
and which he applies to his
life and ministry:
Being an ambassador of God's kingdom
Being a steward of God's gifts
Being fishermen and fisherwomen
(Click here to read about Paul Carpenter)
New Sunday Worship Schedule
9am Traditional worship in Sanctuary
10:15am Sunday School
11:15am Praise & Worship Service Sanctuary
Choir Trip to Kentucky was inspiring - June 11-16
The focal points of the trip were the meeting house at Cain Ridge and FCC in Paducha Kentucky. In Disciples circles, Cain Ridge was the place where our denomination was founded. It was the sight of the creation of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and the Great Revival of 1801.
Watch Live Video of 9am and 11:15am services
every Sunday morning
Both services will be broadcast live every week on the web. click HERE. and then click on the Live Broadcast. There will be a short 30 second ad, then the video will start playing. you must have adobe flash on your computer. You can download it free at adobe.com. Call Frank if you have questions. You can see past services on our 9am services web page.
Read "The Light" online
at the NEWS page
In our effort to reduce costs and work, we invite you to read the light on-line (in full color), by clicking HERE. We will stop mailing the light, except to those who do not have computer access.
Vacation Bible School 2014
Imagine and Build with GOD
Imagine and Build with GOD
August 11th -14th 6:00-8:30 p.m.
Mark your calendars! You can register your children online anytime or at the church, beginning on Sunday, May 18th. There are also many volunteer opportunities available and you can register for those online anytime or at the church beginning on Sunday, May 18th. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER This will be a wonderful week of discovering how the ordinary becomes extraordinary with God! We will use our imagination and creativity to build our faith, and we will meet people from the Bible who used what they had, to produce something amazing with God.
Children & Youth Summer Camps
HPTRA (Hi Plains and Tres Rios Areas) Lubbock is in the Hi-Plains Area
JYF= Junior Youth Fellowship (grades 3-5th)
Chi Rho= Middle School Students (grades 6-8th)
CYF= Christian Youth Fellowship (grades 9-12th) Hi-Plains Area Summer Camps
† June 16-21, 2014, CYF Conference @ Ceta Glen (Cooperative Camp between HPA & TRA)
† June 23-27, 2014, Chi Rho @ Black River (Cooperative Camp between the three areas)
† July 28- 31, 2014, JYF Camp @ Ceta Glen
Christian Men's Fellowship Breakfast every Tuesday morning at 7am at the Cast Iron Grill 620 19th St. Join Us!
Football ParkingBring your tailgate party to the FCC parking lot on TTU home football Saturdays.. It is only $10 to park close to the stadium and it is a fundraiser for the choirs. Guns Up!
First Christian Church is an exciting place to be!
the daycare center at FCC allows
Our Mission Statement:
Empowered by the Holy Spirit, We Will:
What Do We Believe
- As members of the Christian Church, We confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and proclaim Him Lord and Savior of the world.
- In Christ's name and by His grace we accept our mission of witness and service to all people.
- We rejoice in God, maker of heaven and earth, and in the covenant of love which binds us to God and one another.
- Through baptism into Christ we enter into newness of life and are made one with the whole people of God.
- In the communion of the Holy Spirit we are joined together in discipleship and in obedience to Christ.
- At the table of the Lord we celebrate with thanksgiving the saving acts and presence of Christ.
- Within the universal church we receive the gift of ministry and the light of scripture.
- In the bonds of Christian faith we yield ourselves to God that we may serve the One whose kingdom has no end.
- Blessing, glory and honor be to God forever, Amen.