Welcome to First Christian Church of Lubbock, Texas
Our Mission is to lead people into a relationship with God through the love of Jesus Christ.
A Greeting from
Rev. Paul Carpenter
our New Senior Minister
Please watch this short video of Paul, as he welcomes you to our website and our church
Children's Christmas Pageant Friday, Dec 12 7PM
we will be having a Children's Christmas Pageant in our sanctuary hosted by the First Christian Child Development Center. Dr. Don Garnett will narrate the Christmas story while the children will display the nativity scene in full costume. There will also be carol singing by the children and by the congregation. Following the pageant there will be a reception in Kuykendall Hall with cookies and punch and an extra special guest (Santa) will be in attendance! This program is open to our entire congregation. Please bring your families, children, & grandchildren to experience this magical, worshipful and memorable evening!
Sunday Worship Schedule
9am Traditional worship in Sanctuary
10:15am Sunday School
11:15am Praise & Worship Service Sanctuary
New Christmas Eve Service Times
Private Communion in the Chapel 4:45-5:45 p.m.
Pre-service music-5 p.m.
Christmas Eve service-5:30 p.m.
Pancakes, Pajamas and
The Polar Express
December 14th at 6:00pm
we invite all 3rd-5th graders (Junior Youth Fellowship or JYF) to join us as we keep the "Magic Alive" in Kuykendall Hall. We will have pancakes, popcorn and hot chocolate as we watch The Polar Express, which will be followed by a short discussion. Wear your pajamas and bring your blankets and pillows!
Read "The Light" online
at the NEWS page
In our effort to reduce costs and work, we invite you to read the light on-line (in full color), by clicking HERE. We will stop mailing the light, except to those who do not have computer access.
Brown Bag Noon Bible Study
FCC Angel Tree
Each year we prepare a tree in honor of our members who are homebound and unable to be among us during this holiday season. We ask that you select one of the "Angel Tags" and purchase a small gift for the individual named on the tag and deliver it to them. This is a special way to bless another's life and bring cheer and good tidings to them from their church family. The tree will be located at the welcome desk in the Great Hall beginning on Sunday, December 7th. We encourage you to participate in this wonderful ministry.
Christian Men's Fellowship Breakfast every Tuesday morning at 7am at the Cast Iron Grill 620 19th St. Join Us!
Football ParkingBring your tailgate party to the FCC parking lot on TTU home football Saturdays.. It is only $10 to park close to the stadium and it is a fundraiser for the choirs. Guns Up!
First Christian Church is an exciting place to be!
the daycare center at FCC allows
Our Mission Statement:
Empowered by the Holy Spirit, We Will:
What Do We Believe
- As members of the Christian Church, We confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and proclaim Him Lord and Savior of the world.
- In Christ's name and by His grace we accept our mission of witness and service to all people.
- We rejoice in God, maker of heaven and earth, and in the covenant of love which binds us to God and one another.
- Through baptism into Christ we enter into newness of life and are made one with the whole people of God.
- In the communion of the Holy Spirit we are joined together in discipleship and in obedience to Christ.
- At the table of the Lord we celebrate with thanksgiving the saving acts and presence of Christ.
- Within the universal church we receive the gift of ministry and the light of scripture.
- In the bonds of Christian faith we yield ourselves to God that we may serve the One whose kingdom has no end.
- Blessing, glory and honor be to God forever, Amen.