Welcome to First Christian Church of Lubbock, Texas
Our Mission is to lead people into a relationship with God through the love of Jesus Christ.
New Sunday Worship Schedule
9am Traditional worship in Sanctuary
10:15am Sunday School
11:15am Praise & Worship Service Sanctuary
FCC Bible Babes
Monday, September 15th
They will be studying the Beth Moore series: "Children of the day." It is based on the bible books Thessalonians 1 & 2.
Workshop of Wonders VBS 2014
We had a WONDERFUL VBS week. Over 60 kids imagined and built with GOD!! We danced and sang to awesome songs, got our hands dirty in the Science Station, created beautiful works of art in the Crafts Lab, played some fun games in the Game Garage, and most importantly, we listened to some awesome stories from the Bible in the Bible Nook. Through the Penny Push, we raised over $250 dollars that was donated to the Rainbow Room of Lubbock.
Read "The Light" online
at the NEWS page
In our effort to reduce costs and work, we invite you to read the light on-line (in full color), by clicking HERE. We will stop mailing the light, except to those who do not have computer access.
Brown Bag Noon Bible Study
Meets every Wednesday at noon in Kuykendall Hall. It is a 14 Week Series Led by Rev. Carpenter "How To Talk About The Bible Without Embarrassing Yourself" The series is being recorded and you can watch any week you miss by clicking HERE. There has been a big turnout for the first 2 weeks. Don't miss out! Bring your lunch.
CHRISTIAN WOMEN'S FELLOWSHIP
"NEW BEGINNINGS: GIFTS FROM THE SPIRIT"
starts Sept 9 6:30PM
The CWF will begin our new year on September 9th at 6:30 p.m. in the Chapel Parlor with a potluck salad and dessert dinner provided by the CWF Board Members and any other ladies who would like to share their culinary skills. Our very special guest that evening will be Valerie Carpenter. The devotionals this year will center on the "Gifts from the Spirit" the first one being 'Self- Control'. Please RSVP your attendance by calling the church office no later than Monday, September 8th. If you need a ride to and from the church, please notify the church and arrangements will be happily made. There will also be childcare provided at the church for those with small children. Please call the church if you will need childcare by Monday, September 8th.
Christian Men's Fellowship Breakfast every Tuesday morning at 7am at the Cast Iron Grill 620 19th St. Join Us!
Football ParkingBring your tailgate party to the FCC parking lot on TTU home football Saturdays.. It is only $10 to park close to the stadium and it is a fundraiser for the choirs. Guns Up!
First Christian Church is an exciting place to be!
the daycare center at FCC allows
Our Mission Statement:
Empowered by the Holy Spirit, We Will:
What Do We Believe
- As members of the Christian Church, We confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and proclaim Him Lord and Savior of the world.
- In Christ's name and by His grace we accept our mission of witness and service to all people.
- We rejoice in God, maker of heaven and earth, and in the covenant of love which binds us to God and one another.
- Through baptism into Christ we enter into newness of life and are made one with the whole people of God.
- In the communion of the Holy Spirit we are joined together in discipleship and in obedience to Christ.
- At the table of the Lord we celebrate with thanksgiving the saving acts and presence of Christ.
- Within the universal church we receive the gift of ministry and the light of scripture.
- In the bonds of Christian faith we yield ourselves to God that we may serve the One whose kingdom has no end.
- Blessing, glory and honor be to God forever, Amen.