Welcome to First Christian Church of Lubbock, Texas
Our Mission is to lead people into a relationship with God through the love of Jesus Christ.
Rev. Paul Carpenter Begins
As New Senior Minister on
Sunday, August 3, 2014.
We are excited
about the fresh ideas and
enthusiasm that Rev.
Carpenter will bring to FCC.
In his introductory video,
Paul related the Biblical
images he believes are God's
expectations for his people,
and which he applies to his
life and ministry:
Being an ambassador of God's kingdom
Being a steward of God's gifts
Being fishermen and fisherwomen
(Click here to read about Paul Carpenter)
New Sunday Worship Schedule
9am Traditional worship in Sanctuary
10:15am Sunday School
11:15am Praise & Worship Service Sanctuary
Choir Trip to Kentucky was inspiring - June 11-16
The focal points of the trip were the meeting house at Cain Ridge and FCC in Paducha Kentucky. In Disciples circles, Cain Ridge was the place where our denomination was founded. It was the sight of the creation of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and the Great Revival of 1801.
Read "The Light" online
at the NEWS page
In our effort to reduce costs and work, we invite you to read the light on-line (in full color), by clicking HERE. We will stop mailing the light, except to those who do not have computer access.
You are invited to join the Keenagers for our first outing of the fall on Friday, September 5th. The church bus will depart the west parking lot at 9:30 a.m. Our first stop will be at the home of Judy and Sammy Ribble. There we will see their extensive Indian pottery collection as well as other Indian artifacts. Our next stop will be at the home of Bonnie and Randy Mather. Randy has been collecting beer steins for about 50 years and will have interesting stories about some of them. From there we will have lunch at Sheila's at the back of KK's Corner Mall. This is always a treat for men as well as women. Lunch will be $12.00 plus gratuity. After lunch there will be time to shop at the newly remodeled KK's or just time to visit and relax if you prefer. Then back home for rest and relaxation. Please call the church at 763-1995 by noon on Wednesday, September 3rd to make your reservations. Hope to see you there!!!
CHRISTIAN WOMEN'S FELLOWSHIP
"NEW BEGINNINGS: GIFTS FROM THE SPIRIT"
starts Sept 9 6:30PM
The CWF will begin our new year on September 9th at 6:30 p.m. in the Chapel Parlor with a potluck salad and dessert dinner provided by the CWF Board Members and any other ladies who would like to share their culinary skills. Our very special guest that evening will be Valerie Carpenter. The devotionals this year will center on the "Gifts from the Spirit" the first one being 'Self- Control'. Please RSVP your attendance by calling the church office no later than Monday, September 8th. If you need a ride to and from the church, please notify the church and arrangements will be happily made. There will also be childcare provided at the church for those with small children. Please call the church if you will need childcare by Monday, September 8th.
Christian Men's Fellowship Breakfast every Tuesday morning at 7am at the Cast Iron Grill 620 19th St. Join Us!
Football ParkingBring your tailgate party to the FCC parking lot on TTU home football Saturdays.. It is only $10 to park close to the stadium and it is a fundraiser for the choirs. Guns Up!
First Christian Church is an exciting place to be!
the daycare center at FCC allows
Our Mission Statement:
Empowered by the Holy Spirit, We Will:
What Do We Believe
- As members of the Christian Church, We confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and proclaim Him Lord and Savior of the world.
- In Christ's name and by His grace we accept our mission of witness and service to all people.
- We rejoice in God, maker of heaven and earth, and in the covenant of love which binds us to God and one another.
- Through baptism into Christ we enter into newness of life and are made one with the whole people of God.
- In the communion of the Holy Spirit we are joined together in discipleship and in obedience to Christ.
- At the table of the Lord we celebrate with thanksgiving the saving acts and presence of Christ.
- Within the universal church we receive the gift of ministry and the light of scripture.
- In the bonds of Christian faith we yield ourselves to God that we may serve the One whose kingdom has no end.
- Blessing, glory and honor be to God forever, Amen.